Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thursday Day 22 The Wahl's Way Day 5

Carb Flu


I've been having trouble not feeling awesome today. I got up, went to the park meeting, and got in the pool, but today I felt sluggish. It got progressively worse as the day went by. I'm not really sure why. It's like my muscles are tight. It could be that I am getting some kind of carb flu.

I have a headache that Tylenol won't get rid of. The time frame is about right too. The Smoothie that I had at McDonald's on Wednesday although not the worst choice I could have made, was high in sugar. When I eat wheat and corn syrup is when I get the highest sugar rush. The Mango-Pineapple Smoothie has some of that. I should have check more before I drank. But I didn't want to do that. I wanted what I wanted. I wanted to use the excuse that I could get a Mango-Pineapple Smoothie because I needed to cool down. I didn't need on that bad.

Hind-sight is 20/20. The Smoothie Started Some Cravings


All I can do is learn from the experience. That Smoothie started up some cravings. I wanted this, it would make me feel better. Or I wanted that...It would really help me feel better. I went on FB and drooled over pics of brownies and cakes. When I lose this much, I will have a sliver in celebration.

At some point i will have to deal with "what am I going to do for celebration if what I want is just a craving that might help me feel worse for a day or two." Or even worse what if it makes it hard to get back into this way of eating again. That would be terrible.

Wahl's Way Helps Me Feel Better.


My knees feel better, even when the humidity is high. My hands feel better. I can think much better at times and somewhat better at others. What that means is that I need to keep doing what I am doing not celebrate in a way that may ultimately hurt me.

How to best do that I have no idea. Yet. I will come up with one.

Weight 246.0  BMI 38.62

No comments:

Post a Comment