Friday, April 5, 2013

That New Exercise Routine; Day 9

Remember me? The person who totally hates to exercise in the mornings? Yeppers, it's really me. This is what my life is looking like right now.
  • Get up
  • Weigh-in
  • Do yoga.
  • Eat 30 grams of protein
  • Do exercise routine
  • Somewhere in there, eat breakfast

I am not sure if this is what I meant when I said that I wanted to give myself 90 days to get a stronger and more durable recovery or not, but well, here we are ;). My goal is to become both physically healthy and get a more balanced life.

All I can say is that I am really glad the people across the street are going to go home today. I am much more likely to exercise outside then. Even at 9:00 AM it can be hot in the trailer I have. We have an exercise room with lots of neat equipment. It's just not really set up for circuit training using body weight and loose weights or dumbbells They wouldn't care. I just haven't. I like the routines I can set up with my Wii with Wii Sports Resort - Black. I also have a Wii Balance Board which I truly enjoy.

The yoga routine is on my Selected Wii Fit Plus Balance Board . The two days I am most likely to not do morning  yoga is on Wednesdays and Thursdays. I have to be out of the door fairly early for me. and if I am to listen not just to Jillian but to other exercise guru's I need to switch things up. The rule is that I still have to get up and weigh myself before I leave the trailer. Did I mention that I have been late to the park meeting 2 Thursdays straight?

I am reading a lot of fitness books right now. I have to. Who wants to read about a romantic dinner when that is nowhere near what I am going to get? Do I really want to read about chocolate covered strawberries?  Probably not. I will work them into my w.o.e. (way of eating) though.

Bob Harper has had this book out called Are You Ready!  for quite a while. I bought it cause I thought it would work well for me. It didn't help motivate me as much as I had hoped it would, but the book did give me a couple of good tips. When I bought the book Are You Ready! I was working on being ready. I knew that I wanted to lose weight. I knew that I wanted to be healthier. I knew that to do what I wanted to do I would need to be healthier. But somehow, internally, I just wasn't ready. I wanted to be ready. But I wasn't. It was a over a year ago.

Bob Harper now has a new book out called The Skinny Rules The Skinny Rules. Bob always has good stuff. I really liked the one about not eating carbs (processed carbs) later in the day. That's one that works well for me. But I really try not to eat processed carbs at all. They just seem to help me feel bloated and miserable.

The rule about eating small meals in the book The Skinny Rules The Skinny Rules, just seems to help me stay frustrated and hungry. I like to front-load my calories. Ideally to maintain my weight, I want to be done eating before 6 at night with no trans fats at that time.

So his book The Skinny Rules: The Simple, Nonnegotiable Principles for Getting to Thin could work well for you if you like small meals and eating carbs like bread and tortillas. I didn't buy this book because it isn't something I am interested in for me.

I do enjoy a couple of the Bob Harper workout DVD's. Bob Harper: Yoga for the Warrior and Bob Harper: Beginner's Weight Loss. I don't use the Beginner's Weight Loss, nearly as much now as I did before. I still like the Yoga for the Warrior and use it much more. The Beginner's Weight Loss really worked when I was heavier. It helped me get started. I like the attitude Bob Harper has in both.


             
Weight today: 248.2 BMI 38.96

No comments:

Post a Comment