Thursday, April 4, 2013

New Exercise Routine; Day 8

I still love my yoga and plan to do it every morning but one. At the same time, after reading the book Slim for Life: My Insider Secrets to Simple, Fast, and Lasting Weight Loss I realized that I need to change things up. Cause I don't want to be stuck in weight loss mode forever.

One of Jillian's tips is to stay in Motion, so I plan to do that with a modified circuit training.

 Here is her First Circuit:
  • Push-ups
  • Squats with a Dumbbell Shoulder Press
  • Bench Tricep Dips
  • Jumping Jacks

Some of you are probably thinking.... Jumping Jacks???? Squats???? Marty??? with her knees? Yeppers that is pretty much what I am thinking also. (I'm also thinking what exactly is a Dumbbell Shoulder Press). At the same time, if I never try it, how will I, (or you) find out if that suggestions works or not?

So here is how it is supposed to go:
I do each exercise for 30 seconds and go on to the next exercise without stopping.
A circuit is when I have completed all of the exercises
At the end of the circuit I get to rest for 30 seconds. Isn't that nice of Jillan to think that maybe I should need to do that? Think I could lobby to rest a minute?
  • Then one is supposed to do it all over again.
  • And again
  • And again
  • And again
When I am passed out on the floor could one of you please come get me up? LOL Glad I put down that green carpet on my patio. I think I am going to need it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Actually, if you are really worried about me, don't be. My park is excellent and I have any number of people who will enjoy helping me up. Maybe a bit too much if you ask me, but help me up they will.

There is another tip I want to use with this one (2 point value). That is to move to exercise to music that I like. I bought a CD for exercise earlier this year, I'm going to see if it works. I could just choose music I like, (maybe some nice slow Leonard Cohen), but I need a good beat to help me move.

So these are two tips that I am going to try to do more regularly. If I can move on Friday.




Weight 249.1 BMI 39.10
I am not feeling well today. It's not something I ate, but just a general not feeling well. Don't even want my morning tea or water.

No comments:

Post a Comment