Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Day 30; Wahl's Way Day 13

Posts have been missing for the past couple of days because I did not feel well. I didn't eat according to the Wahl's Way on Wednesday. I did on Thursday and almost did today. One thing about today is that I ended up with welts on my arms and elbows. I am not really sure why.

My weight was the same on Wednesday as Tuesday. I didn't weigh either Thursday or today. I'll try to weigh tomorrow but I need to be up before 7 to take some pics. 

But I want to take a minute to look at what the differences are between my life now and my life 30 days ago. And there are some differences. 

I'm:

  • much more likely to eat in a healthy way. Many more fruits and vegetables
  • willing to try new places to buy things, new veggie stands, new fruit markets, trucks by the side of the road
  • more in tune with my body, if I don't feel well I am not as likely to beat me up
  • not as depressed
  • able to move more
  • writing more
  • able to and want to do more in the park
  • eating less food now, even on bad days
  • often (not always) able to stay away from foods that are triggers if I don't eat breads
  • cooking 2 meals a day, having a salad for the third meal


I'm not:

  • moving as much as I wish I was
  • hanging outside as much as I wish I was
  • losing as much weight as I wish I was


It's funny, but earlier today, I was very unhappy with myself because I wasn't moving more. But as I look at what is and has happened. and the changes that are occurring, I am feeling much better. I'm not sure just how to work on moving more. 

It was easier to do the yoga consistently when the temps were lower. I am still much more willing to move, but just how I do that in a way that will work for me, I am not sure. What I do know is that I need to move more to lose weight. 

There are more than a couple of choices that are available to me. 

I can:

  • go back to doing yoga sometime during the day if not in the morning
  • do HIIT (High Intensive Interval Training) Bike, treadmill, at my trailer
  • do aerobics
  • use a pedometer app and keep track of steps (go for a walk)
  • play more water volleyball


I feel better than I have in years. Habits are what I seem to be fighting. It's an interesting place to be. When I stop fighting my need to be a certain sedentary way, (and that way isn't necessary or what I want anymore) then I will be able to go where and how I want. 

I hope I become able to start tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment