Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Day of Rest, of No Change; Day 7

Draft, solving link problems:)

Today is Day 7 in my life changes. One thing I know about the stress cycle is that stress is a problem when one is trying to get healthy. Stress causes a myriad of problems, many of those problems are a direct link to obesity and the population I'm a part of dying 25 years early. I'm already there if that is a truth for me.

Yesterday I was reading Jillian Michaels book called Slim for Life: My Insider Secrets to Simple, Fast, and Lasting Weight Loss. I really liked a lot that it had to say. Instead of a carved in stone diet like so many of the diet books have, it has a series of tips that are rated on a scoring system. from 1-3. The goal is to help people know what tips or things that a person can choose to do will be most effective.Let's face it, if I am going to pout my heart and soul into trying to do something, shouldn't it at least be effective?

There are 288 tips that one can receive points for so please don't expect me to list all the tips here. There are 603 total tip points and 10 bonus points. Two examples of a 3 point tip are. Don't Eat Chemical Crap and to Communicate Your Needs so friends and family don't accidentally sabotage you. Both are things that I already knew but I took another look at what I was and wasn't doing right since they can both be of major importance.

Two examples of 2 point tips are to Jam out (put music you like into your workout regime) and Flip the Script (words are important)I was caught by surprise by a couple of the 2 point ones, that they were worth 2 points and not 1 point.

Two examples of 1 point tips are things like Practicing yoga and Recording TV shows so one can fast forward through food commercials. This is part of the reason I have taken today to reevaluate. My main form of exercise up to now has been yoga. I am looking at what and how I can incorporate better answers in addition to the yoga. I had hoped to be able to ride the yoga for a bit longer, but it may be that I will only be able to to for 2-3 more weeks.

In Slim for Life: My Insider Secrets to Simple, Fast, and Lasting Weight Loss; Jillian also talks about some of the myths that are thought of as truths in losing weight. Examples of myths are: Vegetarian diets are healthier than meat eating diets or Eating small frequent meals boosts one's metabolism. According to Ms. Michaels, both of the above are myths.  She states the reason she feels they are myths in her book Slim for Life. She also states that another myth is that fat is converted into muscle or that muscle turns to fat. Completely different processes

This approach to looking at and finding a way to be Slim For Life actually kind of stopped me for a bit as I evaluated what I was doing and how I was doing it. It slowed me enough that I have chosen to hit Barnes and Noble 2 days in a row to finish checking it out. Don't get me wrong. I have looked at what I would do to remain slim before and have chosen to not move on until I was ready to face that I would need to do several things to remain slim.

Exercise for me often is caught in a hips and knees evaluation, so eating plans can be crucial. See I know what I need to do now to keep at the weight I am at. But what will I need to do at 230 or 220 or 200 or at that all precious 199? What will I do what can I do to remain at the weights when I am in Wonderland?

I maintain the weight I am at now on a modified Atkins Regime. I control my processed carbs. (not my veggies or my fruits, but my processed carbs). When Dr. Atkin's Diet Revolution started out, that was what he started out with, not so many frankenfoods.

I looked at The Dukan Diet: 2 Steps to Lose the Weight, 2 Steps to Keep It Off Forever">Dukan, thought it would work, but I found that the oat gallette as he calls it didn't work for me. His plan for only eating meat one day a week was both creative and doable though. Long term it was a no-no diet for me

 Thoughts to Ponder as I ramp up to lose the next ten pounds. ;)
   

Todays Weight: 248.2 BMI 38.96

No comments:

Post a Comment