Tuesday, March 26, 2013

What is Whole Health?

It's been weeks, months, maybe even longer since I have had enough peace in my life to blog more. Since the last post, my daughter got married, I visited my mom, my dad died, I went back to Quincy for the funeral, my mom came down to Texas for 60 days, my grandson and his girlfriend came to visit and I had a card number stolen and used by someone outside of me and my immediate family. But now, I am back. 


It seems as if this blog will first be used to document and write across the next 90 days. I am spending that time to become more healthy. Although I am incredibly interested in furthering my physical health, for me physical health and mental health go hand in hand. I long ago stopped relying on psychotropic medications and count on diet, exercise and other coping skills to maintain my wellness.


My whole health, wellness manifesto. 


What's the book that starts out, "Life is hard?" For me being healthy and wanting to be healthy (which is a choice) is hard for me to make. Too often I let inertia and the pain of arthritis allow me to stay sedentary. Or I let other people influence my life. I'm too wishy washy. I don't see that I have value. So I decided to give myself 60 days to improve my quality of life. Then a friend found another friend in a way that usually means they don't have time to talk to me so I made it a 90 day project. 


My Whole Health and Wellness Goals:


1 To become more independent
2. To have a body that allows me to do what I want to do, accomplish some of the things on my bucket list
3. To become stronger in my recovery to where people can't sway me so much
4. Work on kicking an addiction
5. Earn enough money to be more than comfortable for the rest of my life. I don't want to owe anyone anything ever again



How I AM Going to Become Healthy, Wealthy and Wise? (Big Grin) 


I am taking 90 days to figure out just exactly where I am, where I want to end up and just how i want to get there. The main focus of the 90 days is to focus on my health. Because if one isn't physically healthy, one has nothing. 

The next thing I am going to focus on is earning money. I am tired of not having enough money to do whatever it is that I decide that I want to do. 

To learn more, you have to come back tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment