Sunday, March 31, 2013

Today is Easter, Day 4

Today is Easter and I don't have any special plans. I got up weighed myself and did a new yoga routine. A couple of hours later my knees and shins hurt. With the poses I picked, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. While not a fan of the no pain, no gain, I have found that to make significant progress, one must feel a bit of soreness as one gets a different body through stronger bones and muscles. 

I don't really have any special plans today except to not go to the dinner with 300+ people today at 2. Still not feeling great stomach wise, wanted to walk a 5K as a present to myself, but really don't feel well enough. Reading a book or two would be great. It's been a while since I have read very many books and it's a hot day today.

I bought a sweet potato to go with some ham that I have and had my usual breakfast of grapefruit, an orange and eggs. I eat the grapefruit now while I am turning on my Wii and then hop on it to weigh myself and do the yoga. The new yoga routine is longer than my other one and I find I need to zone out to make it happen. There are a lot of floor poses. I need to put the routine together better and add some more of a couple of my favorite poses. This new routine is livable but not enjoyable. Enjoyable is important if I want to continue doing anything in the morning. 

I'm unhappy with the day's stats. I find myself wondering if it was the sodium or the oil or the not working out enough. Then I find I'm unhappy with the the way I'm unhappy with the stats. If I keep dwelling on it then I will start to want to do that emotional eating thing again and if I do that, then my goal of finding another type of routine, other than eating will have to be restarted.

Dealing with feeling like a failure can be hard. Even when one knows that rationally, that isn't true. I have made some good progress towards changes. I did do the morning yoga even though I didn't feel great. I did get up and weigh myself, even though it was hard. 

Breakfast was: 1 grapefruit, 1 orange, 4 eggs and a banana
snacks were: frozen banana pieces
Dinner was: 1 grapefruit, 1 orange, 1 medium sweet potato, ham and a banana

 Sunday 3/31 Weight: 251.3 BMI 39.45

No comments: