I Can Only Start Wherever I Am.
A couple of hours ago, my family left. I have nothing but time. Nothing to do but work on where I want to end up. But one of the things that one must do is is find out where I am starting out so I pull out my trusty Wii to check up on my weight and how much I have let my health decline.
Health declines when one does nothing. And for almost 3 months, I have been doing nothing but surviving. As I step on the Wii Balance Board, I think a lot about how when one is merely surviving, one is, in actuality declining. Worry kicks in. I knew where I was in December. Where was I now?
Oh crap, up another 10 pounds. I decide that I really want to focus on my health, really, really want to focus on my health. But what do I want to do? How do I want to eat? Where do I want to exercise? How do I want to exercise. The only thing I know is that I like how I feel when I do yoga when I get up and just before I go to bed. Other than that everything is up for grabs.
I force myself to look at the fact that once again I weigh 262, My low weight in the last couple of years was closer to 240. This so sucks.
But there is relief in knowing the facts. On the plus side, I have maintained the 50 pound weight loss from 2002 .I have regained the next 20.
I need to Come Up With A Plan to Lose 120 Pounds!!!
Myths, Unsubstantiated Thoughts and Hopes
In my opinion,there are a lot of myths, unsubstantiated thoughts and hopes about diets and weight loss. Things that don't seem to be a total truth to me are things like:
- Low Carb is Bad
- A Calorie is a Calorie is a Calorie
- Grapefruit Burns Fat or the other side Grapefruit Doesn't Help Burn Fat
- Losing Weight Fast just means that the weight is going to come back
- Low calorie means that one is hungry all the time
- To lose weight one needs to take most fats out of one's diet
What I Personally Believe About My Personal Weight Loss:
- Low Carb works well for me; it helps me leave out processed foods
- Metabolism can really smack that calorie is a calorie in the rear end
- Grapefruit can be and often is a valuable aid to burning fat (it helps control blood sugar and more)
- Losing weight fast is OK if one does it in a healthy way and figures out a way to maintain that weight loss
- Low calorie can be important but it needs to have great nutritional value as well as being low calorie
- Healthy Fats are Good
- Grains of truth can be important if one researches how they can work
My Plan to lose 120 Pounds
- No processed foods. None. Zero. Other than vinegar, olive oil. Lemon juice must come directly from a lemon.
- People often laugh when I say things like that about processed foods, but I don't have any canned foods in my house. None. I do have some organic rice but not much else. For salad dressing I will need to use either vinegar or lemon juice and olive oil.
- Meat, Veggies and Fruits are what I want to focus on. No fruit juices or veggies with added stuff.
- I want to try a grapefruit before every meal. They control blood sugar and help one's metabolism.
- Olive Oil is Good
- I want to lose a chunk of that 120 pounds within this 90 day period.
- Exercise will play a large part in my weight loss plan.
- I want to do yoga morning and night.
- I want to exercise for 30-60 minutes on top of that. I want that 30-60 minutes to vary everyday for a week. I don't want my body to become comfortable with a routine.
- I want to exercise so much because it will help me live the life I want, not just because I need to lose weight I want to walk a 5K, be able to move better, make it easier to ride my motorcycle, I want to be able to hike, walk fast, stand for longer periods of time and just plain feel better. It would be nice if I had to get some new clothes, too.
When Am I Going To Start My New Lifestyle? Now!!!
- I will do yoga before I go to bed.
- I will drink more water.
- I will do what I need to do to move better and more.
Getting out my Wii now because that's how I do my yoga. I have a 30 minute routine already in the Wii Fit Plus that I have. I start to use it and do that 30 minute routine.
Weight Today: 260 BMI: 40.80